It is the policy of Lehigh Valley Hospital-Hazleton to admit and treat all persons without regard to race, color, sex, handicap, national origin or religious creed. Admission requirements and assignments of the hospital facilities are the same for all persons. There are no distinctions in eligibility for receiving any patient care services. Hospital facilities are available to all patients and visitors. The admission office at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Hazleton is located in the main lobby. Insurance and information concerning hospitalization should be provided by the patient or immediate family.
Patients visiting Lehigh Valley Hospital-Hazleton for overnight medical care, inpatient surgery, pre-admission or outpatient testing, or same-day surgery, must first register at the Admissions Registration Office located behind the informal desk in the main hospital lobby.
Please be sure to bring your medical insurance information and any information concerning your hospitalization.
Important: For inpatient and surgical patients, be sure to bring a list of your current medications, known allergies, and previous medical conditions.
Arrive on time if you have a pre-scheduled appointment for admission so any special tests your doctor may have ordered for you (i.e., blood, X-ray, etc.) may be performed. You will be asked to sign a consent form for admission to the hospital and for medical treatment. An identification bracelet for your wrist will also be prepared. At this time you will be taken to the nursing unit to which you are assigned or directed to the appropiate department for care.
Federal regulations require hospital personnel to inquire as to the presence of an Advance Directive. This includes a living will or durable power of attorney with a healthier clause. Information on Advance Directives is provided to every patient upon admission.
If you have any questions during your stay, please feel free to ask the nursing or any clincal care staff.
What to bring
The following checklist will help you prepare for admission to our facilities:
- A complete list of all current medications including viatmins and other supplements
- Night wear, robe, rubber-soled slippers (hospital gowns are available)
- Personal toiletries (makeup, razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, dentures case, etc.)
- Reading materials and your address book
- Small amount of money for any items you may wish to purchase
- Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney
If you are packing for your child, you may wish to include:
- Comfortable night clothes (child-size hospital gowns are available)
- A special toy or two, clearly labeled with your child's name
- Coloring books, crayons, books, etc.
Important papers you MUST bring:
- Medical insurance cards and claim forms
- Social Security card
- Name and address of employer
- Name, address and telephone number of closest family member
- List of all medications you are currently taking and any medication allergies
What not to bring
Please leave the following items at home:
- Large amounts of money
- Jewelry and other valuables, as Lehigh Valley Hospital-Hazleton is NOT responsible for lost items
- Electrical appliances that must be plugged into an outlet: heating pads, electric blankets, hair dryers, curling irons, space heaters, etc.