Travel Immunization Clinic
The Health & Wellness Center at Hazleton offers this area's only travel and immunization clinic, which provides practical, specific and up-to-date information about travel risks. "The travel and immunization clinic enables area residents and business travelers the convenience of a one-stop service close to home,” said Laura Jones, RN, nurse manager, Occupational Health Services and Travel Immunization Clinic.
The clinic offers the following services and vaccines for all international travel needs:
- Pre-travel health evaluations to determine personal health risks
- Comprehensive and current health information from authoritative sources, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, regarding health and safety risks for a specific travel destination
- International Certificate of Vaccination documentation for yellow fever vaccinations
- An array of vaccines, including yellow fever, hepatitis A and B, typhoid, tetanus, diptheria, polio, rabies
- Tuberculosis TB skin test (tuberculin PPD)
- Malaria prophylaxis advice and prescriptions
For more information, call the Travel Immunization Clinic at 570-501-6805 at least one month before your departure date.